Friday 29 August 2014

Painting your heroes and center pieces

With life advancing ever onward, I've decided to start selling my skills for money.  I could use a second job after my day job and practicing painting at the same time is always a bonus.  It's been a little while since I've done anything for anyone else besides myself which was a much needed break but I'm leaning towards the conclusion that I get more done when I'm painting for someone else under a loose time line.

What will I paint?  Not armies thats for sure.  I will paint single models, large models, heroes, monsters, small groups of models but NOT an entire army unless I'm going to be compensated handsomely.  I don't mind working a few hours a day for what usually works out to be >$10/hour on a model I ENJOY painting but completing an entire ARMY at that rate is just not in my interests.  Like I say, there are always exceptions so it never hurts to ask just don't expect a cheap price because armies are TONS of work and hours.

Contact Info: anichol88@hotmail.com  please label the subject as PAINTING or COMMISSION, thanks!

Here is something I've completed for a client.  It's a Forgeworld Minotaurs Chaplain (Enoki I believe?).  This guy has sadly made me excited to paint space marines.. a really unwanted distraction at the moment!   For how horrible GW is at making a balanced game system for competitive play they certainly do make some cool models.

I particularly enjoyed painting the black power armor on this guy.  I'm not often happy with highlighting black but I think I've found just the right amount of blending required to make it look well shaded but still black, not turquoise or grey.   Lots of bone details all over this model were fun to work on as well, specifically the bone handle of the crozius as well as his helmet and ribcage.  Overall I'm pretty excited about how he turned out.  I hope you like him.





1 comment: